The right to full compensation (article7 par.1 Law 3242/2004 Gazette 102 A)
In cases where the deadlines are not met for the processing of your affairs, by the competent services of the Municipality or other other administrative authorities, you are entitled to apply for a full refund.
- The process to apply for compensation: The aplication for compensation shall be submitted to the competent Special Committee Application Control Legislation within (60) sixty days from the expiry of the period without action for processing your case, or the final answer to your request. You can submit your request for compensation, by either completing the relevant application form of compensation granted from the above services , or by using a plain application to the Special Committee. The application for compensation should contain your personal information, the date you submitted the request, which was not answered, as well as the controlled service. You submit the application in person by mail or by fax at the following addresses:
- To the Special Committee for Monitoring the Law Application Article 2, paragraph 2b of N.2690/1999 of the Ministry of the Interior decentralisation and e-governance.
Postal address: Vas. Sofias 15, PC 106 74, Athens.
Telephone numbers: 210 33.93.101, -102, -104, -106, -108, -110, 113, -115
Fax: 210-33.93.020, 210-33.93.100
- Special Committee for Monitoring the Law Application Article 2, paragraph 2b of N.2690/1999 Decentralized Administration of Thessaly-CENTRAL GREECE, on issues within our Municipality, as well as public services operating in this geographical space.
Address: Sarantapoprou 140, PC 43100, KARDITSA.
Telephone Numbers: 2441079801 – 9
- To the Special Committee for Monitoring the Law Application Article 2, paragraph 2b of N.2690/1999 of the Ministry of the Interior decentralisation and e-governance.
The audit of operations of the Municipality (articles 214-231 of Law 3852/2010)
The acts of collective and single-member administration bodies of municipalities and their Public Entities are being checked for their legitimacy by the Independent Authority for the Supervision OTA, which is a decentralized agency of the Ministry of Interior, reporting directly to the Minister. The control consists of:
- The mandatory (article 225 of Law 3695/2010) in which subject the decisions of the collective administration bodies of municipalities. Those decisions are sent to Independent Authority for the Supervision OTA within fifteen (15) days of the meeting of the administration body. The decisions are being checked by the Auditor of Legality within a deadline of forty (40) days from their receipt.
- The ex officio (Article 226 of Law 3852/2010) in the exercise of which the Auditor of Legality may annul any decision of the collective or single-member administration bodies for legal reasons, within two (2) months after the decision has been published or issued.
The special administrative appeal (Article 227 of Law 3852/2010 )
If you have a legitimate interest, you can appeal the decisions of the collective or single-member administration bodies of the municipality, for legal reasons, within fifteen (15) days from their publication, or from posting them on the internet, or from their notification, or after received knowledge thereof. An appeal may be brought, even if the administration bodies of the municipality have omitted due legal action. In this case , the action is brought within ten days from the special deadline’s idle expiry, prescribed by law for the adoption of the act concerned. Otherwise, the appeal is brought after three months of its receipt. The Auditor Legality decides about the above application within two (2) months of its submission. If this deadline has been expired without a decision, the application is considered to have been tacitly rejected. With the same appeal, the citizen can submit to the Controller Legality a request to suspend the judgment on the application of the contested act. The decisions of the Auditor Legitimacy can be appealed in courts with the legal remedies provided by law.
The reference to the Ombudsman
In case of violation of law or legitimate interest or your right from the Administration, you can request the mediation of the Ombudsman, with a signed complaint. The complaint must be submitted within six (6) months, after you were informed of actions or omissions of the administration. The mediation of the Ombudsman is to protect your rights, to defend you against discrimination at your expense, to combat maladministration and to observe the legality.
The Ombudsman is based in Athens, (Chatzigianni Mexi 5, t. 28, Hilton area K115). The offices are open from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., from Monday to Friday. Reports can also be submitted by fax to: 210-72.92.129. For more detailed information on the responsibilities, the establishment and work of the Ombudsman, you can visit the official website of the Authority: www.synigoros.gr
The complaint to the European Ombudsman
Every citizen of a Member State of the European Union or anyone who resides in a Member State, has the right to submit a complaint to the European Ombudsman, if he considers to be the victim of “maladministration” on behalf of an institution or EU agency. The complaint to the Ombudsman may be submitted through e-mail or fax, in any of the official languages of the European Union.
The e-form of the complaint form is available on the Ombudsman’s website: http://www.ombudsman.europa.eu.
Mailing address and contact information: the Ombudsman (The European Ombudsman) 1, Avenue du Prisident Ro bert Sch uman B.P. 403 FR-67001 Strasbourg Cedex, France.
Phone: 00 33 388.172.313
Fax: 00 33 388.179.062
The Inspectorate-Auditors public administration
The Inspectorate-Auditors public administration (I.A.P.A) is the internal control body of public administration, established by Law 2477/1997 (Official Gazette No. 59 (a)). Its responsibilities include:
- Conducting inspectorates, routine inspections and surveys on public bodies,
- Conducting sworn administrative examinations on the controlled services,
- Conducting preliminary examinations or preliminary inquiry, after a prosecutor’s order, for officials’ offences,
- Gathering evidence for penal and disciplinary action against officials,
- The reference of the responsible government officials in the Prosecutor’s Office or to the competent disciplinary body,
- The disciplinary proceeding for the disciplinary offenses of officers and employees , established under the sworn administrative examinations, which are punishable by the penalty of permanent withdrawal
- Control of the assets of officials of the controlled services. The basic objective, in the exercise of these powers of the Body, is to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of the Public Administration and the principles of legality and transparency of action. This is achieved in the following ways:
- Identifying incidents of maladministration, corruption, opaque procedures, inefficiencies, low productivity and quality of service
- Apportion responsibilities to employees and services, where necessary
- By taking necessary measures to address the problems identified.
For a detailed presentation of the institution, you can visit the official site of S.E.E.D.D.: www.seedd.gr
Address: Leof. Sygrou 60, P.c. 117 42 Athens, Greece
Reception hours: 12: 00 pm-2: 20 pm
Contact: 210 92.81.800, 210 92.81.921
Fax: 210 92.81.819
The General Inspector of public administration
The General Inspector of Public Administration is SOLE governmental body whose main mission is:
- To ensure the proper and effective functioning of the public administration
- To monitor and evaluate the work of Inspector-Auditor of Public Administration and all special Forces and Services Inspection and Control of the Public Administration and
- The detection of corruption and misrule.
Among others, the General Inspector of Public Administration:
- Carries out checks, inspections and investigations,and orders their implementation by the auditing bodies of the Administration, Ministries, Municipalities, Regions, legal persons and enterprises, etc.
- Assesses and investigates complaints or petitions that are submitted to his Office, about facts of maladministration in these bodies and in the Control of these Bodies.
- Conducts audit of annual financial statements (“possessions”) of heads and officials of the planning departments of the Municipalities, the I.r.s. and State control mechanisms and can order the lifting of bank secrecy, tax and finance.
- Can conduct a sworn administrative inquiry and exercise or prescribe exercise disciplinary proceedings or taking other administrative measures.
- Present legislative or organizational proposals for tackling the corruption and maladministration in public services and the upgrading of the services offered. More information on the responsibilities and the work of the General Inspector of public administration, you can search on the official website of the institution: www.gedd.gr
The responsive public administration services of one-stop
What is the responsive administration: The oldest orientation of Public Administration to a system of rules that must be respected by the citizens, has been replaced by a system that has as its primary objective to meet the citizen’s needs. The new position, underlying the responsive administration is simple and specific:
The Public Services and Public Organizations exist primarily to serve the citizens. The traditional values of public administration for equity, legitimacy etc. remain the cornerstone for modern responsive management, but also considered as necessary condition for the creation of new values that identify the type and quality of administrative services to citizens.
These new values are:
- Transparency: Citizens have the right to know how the Government works, which are the responsibilities and actions of each authorized judicial officer, who is responsible in each case etc.
- Participation of citizens: The citizens are no longer passive recipients of the Administration’s decisions. In many cases, they participate either individually or through their participation in collective bodies (associations, clubs, etc), in decision-making, particularly on issues that affect them directly.
- Satisfaction of civil claims: The Administration has moved and has largely succeeded in replacing the philosophy “one size for all citizens” (i.e. the provision of the service for everyone) with the new concept for the provision of the service in many ways, in order to meet everyone’s needs or desires e.g. the citizen may request information from the Administration verbally, in writing, by phone, fax, etc. according to his desires.
- Accessibility: Citizens must have easy access to the Administration in many ways and at times facilitated. This need led to the creation of one-stop services.
Which are the one-stop Services of the attitude?
According to the traditional authorities, the organization of public services was intended primarily to facilitate their operation, rather than the service of the citizen. The philosophy of modern responsive management, in contrast, requires public authorities to aim mainly at improving citizen service. The citizen if it is possible, with a single visit, on a single public service, to meet all of your needs.
What is our convention with citizens?
Our goal is every activity, every department, every employee at any level, starting from the administration of the municipality, to contribute to the fulfillment of our citizens and even with the smallest possible cost. To achieve this goal our municipality applies the following formats of one-stop Services:
- Service from a point: The Citizen is fully serviced by a single point. Instead of addressing the various departments of our municipality, he addresses a single point in the office and Customer Communications citizen or on the phone 2441352208, from which he can obtain information on all the services provided in our municipality.
- Service by a person: In many cases, to meet the request of the citizen of our municipality, it is required for the completion of a procedure, aseries of consecutive steps from our organic units . In order for the citizen not suffering by addressing successively in various departments and working with different employees, to complete the whole proces , our office provides an official ( contact person ), which takes care of the issue and it is working with this citizen.
- Servicing specific groups of citizens: Another form of one-stop services, administered by the Municipality, is the grouping of citizens depending on their needs and serve them from their respective work units. Such groups are the elderly, people with disabilities, people from another municipality, minorities etc. In this way he addresses a single service for the satisfaction of his request.
The citizen’s political participation in the municipality
The Municipality is administered by the Municipal Council, the Finance Committee, the Executive Committee and the Mayor (article 7, para. 1 of the n. 3465/2010).
The City Council
The City Council has the presumption of competence in management of local affairs. Without undergoing any hierarchical relationship among the organs of administration of the municipality, the City Council is considered as the competent body to take a decision on a subject, when handling is not specified or is questioned by the competent administrative authority. So, the City Council decides on all matters concerning the municipality, except those addressed, by law by, the mayor or by any other organ of the municipality or the Municipal Council passed in Committee.
The Committees of the Municipal Council
The City Council has allowed the Rules to set up committees, which are responsible for the processing and presentation of issues of competence.
The powers of the Mayor
The Mayor is a single governing body of the municipality and defends local interests, directs the actions of the Municipality for the implementation of the development plan and ensures the unity of the local community. The Mayor exercises specific powers which are attributed by law provisions or other regulatory instruments.
The Mayor is assisted by the deputy mayors, who are the consultants of the majority referred to the Mayor and to whom he delegates the exercise of responsibilities for a specific policy area (substantive Alderman) and for a specific region or Community, that the Municipality merged and created our municipality (district Mayor).
In our municipality we have set four (4) vice-mayor:
- Vice mayors Administrative Financial Services, e-Government & Transparency
- Vice mayor project planning and local municipal units Plastiras
- Vice mayor environment, cleanliness and local municipal units Nevropolis Agrafon
- Vice mayor Tourism Culture, Development and Social Protection
The Executive Committee
In our municipality an executive committee has been established, in which the Mayor and all the Aldermen participate . The Executive Committee is a collegiate coordinating and executive body of the municipality and it monitors the implementation of municipal policy in all area and the implementation of the operational plan of the municipality.
The Economic Commission
The Economic Commission is a collegiate body, which monitors and controls the business operations of the Municipality, and consists of certain number of aldermen , according to the members of the city council, derived in part from municipal factions of the minority. This commission replaces the exercise of the powers of the old ” Municipal Committee ” (the Economic Committee consists of seven (7) members).
The administrative assistance
In our municipality, there is an office to provide administrative assistance to individuals, who have an objective inaccessible services of our municipality or CSC. Thus, we achieved our goal which is user-friendly and convenient delivery of municipal services to our all our citizens, without discrimination.
The name and telephone number of the “primary correspondent” is: Kon/nos Thymiopoulos Tel: 2441352213
The participation of citizens – information
The citizens and generally the residents of our municipality can submit individually or collectively in our municipality, in the municipal or local communities and in all legal entities and bodies that supervises, questions for their information , as well as proposals for better functioning. Questions are answered compulsorily. Any proposals are discussed and considered by the competent organs of our municipalit , where residents have the opportunity to attend in person and support their opinions.
- Every citizen , resident or taxpayer of our municipality can make his observations on special public meeting of the Municipal Authority, which takes place every year after adequate notice and its issues is the review of the activities and the implementation of municipal action.
- The issues to be discussed at a time in our municipal council, as well as decisions taken and various announcements which are useful for informing the citizen, are published on the bulletin board of the Municipal Office.
In addition, the citizen can be updated on various issues, apart from activities that grow locally and several other issues that may be of use, from the website operated by our Municipality (www.plastiras-ota.gr).